Thursday 11 August 2016

Chapter 1: Could this be LOVE?

Hi I am Sara, oldest among the three kids of our family of four. My mother passed away when I was just six, after delivering my twin brother and sister, who are two years younger to me. Since then our dad is our whole world and he is also the entire world to John. John is the son of our aunt who also passed away when he was eight. She used to be the best friend of our dad. Since her death, my dad only looked after John and took care of him like his own son. And this is the reason he always finds himself obliged to my dad.

With this background, let me narrate a story to all of you. A story of a girl who was an apple of the eye of everyone around her. Although the oldest of the siblings, but the most pampered and the moody child which any parent can have or imagine to up bring. This is the story which describes the worth and meaning of love and how important someone can be in one’s life.
I was just 21 when my dad, in the mid night, while cutting his birthday cake, expressed to John to get married to me. Although he knew it well that John was in a serious relationship with his once classmate Sheena. And moreover I and John have only been fighting since our childhood so the question of getting married to John is just next to impossible. Hence after hearing about dad’s wish at that time, every one of us (me, John, Lara and Sam) went under shock. Lara and Sam are although two years younger to me but they are more grown up and matured when it comes to taking decisions and living life. After hearing what dad has to say, immediately I asked John to leave from our house and after shouting at dad a little bit, I just ran into my room to think about what has been going through in his mind to think about something this stupid and mad.

Whereas, Sam and Lara decided to stay there with dad to have a healthy discussion on this wish of his. Dad could explain them that since he doesn’t seems to find himself quite fit to take the responsibility of three growing kids because he is growing older and weaker with each passing day, so he wants to get me married. And according to him, there is no other person in the world except John, who can take care of me as good as dad and also can live up to my mood swings without getting adversely affected by them. Hence he took this decision and expressed his wish. At the same time he explained to my bro and sis that he never wants to force John to take a positive decision about it. But, in between the lines, the thing which I did not understand is the fact that how can my dad convince John for getting married to me if he already has someone in his life whom he loves to moon and back, without forcing him?

John, at his home, is also struggling with his thoughts that what made my dad to even think about our marriage! He is confused and clueless but at the same time he cannot ask this directly to my dad due to the respect which he has for him. Now he is in dilemma, as to discuss this issue with Sheena or not! He is shy, hardworking, loving, caring and a very obedient guy that we all know. But since our childhood I have just had fights with him. And also I have never seen him anything more than a caring & loving friend. I am as confused as John must have been but I just cannot even digest to the thought of having him as my husband.

CHAPTER 2 WILL FOLLOW SOON. KEEP READING!

2 comments:

  1. nice start! looking forward to the next chapter ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweets! And the wait is over..... the second chapter is being updated :) Happy reading.....

      Delete