Thursday 1 September 2016

Part 1: Pursuing Pink: A Love Beyond Words


Why is life cruel for some and an expensive gift to some? Why few people are there just to face the harsh realities whereas few doesn’t even know the meaning of problems? Some are always starving for the best things around them and some can’t even handle the things they have, being in abundance. Some are flooded with the miseries and problems and few are flooded with the happiness and blessings. Life is not uniformly distributed among the man kind, it refuses to give people the equal amount of joys and sorrows, and it doesn’t give everyone the equal share of opportunities and probabilities. The question is WHY?
With all these things running in my mind, I was busy sipping the coffee, which I bought from the café of my college. Then suddenly my thoughts got interrupted with a voice coming from the extreme corner of the café. That was my class fellow shouting my name at her highest pitch possible, VERONICAAAAAAA, Veronica…… I thought she got into some trouble and that is the reason she wants me to be there. Immediately I ran into that corner where I saw few more class fellows sitting and doing some assignment. That was the assignment which we got a week back and they are already late to submit it. And finally I realized that she was shouting for my help in her assignment as I had already submitted mine during the last week only. I helped her and as I got up to leave she pulled me back and made me sit on the chair again.
To my surprise, she asked me if she can help me with something as she could guess that there is some problem with me since few days. I couldn’t control my tears and just burst out in front of her. She consoled me and told me that I can share my things without any fear and hesitation. I felt little cozy in her surroundings and since I needed somebody’s ear dreadfully so finally she proved to be a rescue for me.
I told her that I lost my mom last month, who was battling for life since a year. And now I have no one in this entire world whom I can look up to. The part time work which I am doing to earn my living is not enough for me to survive as I have to manage rent and the college fee and every other daily expenses which cannot be avoided. Also my mother left behind a bank loan, which I only have to pay now. Although I am planning to move to a smaller apartment or may be a room because this big apartment is something I cannot afford nor I want now, but I could not find any, against my all efforts. She gave me a friendly hug and ensured me that she will do something about it and that too soonest possible. At that time I told her to keep it as a secret to herself only as I never wanted to have the sympathies of the other college mates and those unfortunate sights for me to make me feel even deprived and broken. She guaranteed me that she will deal the issue as silently as possible and surely come out with some solution at the earliest.
After talking with her, I felt light and also got a ray of hope that may be there will be a solution to my problems soon. Although I know that my life wont be without problems but I was hopeful that there will be some relief and I can get some cushion to my struggling life. With all these things running in my mind, I thought that today may be I get a better sleep. And while thinking that I will be a better off person, with all the conditions applied to the miseries I am into now, I don’t know when I fell asleep. In the morning when I woke up I have realized that I must be weeping in my sleep coz I had dark circles and big bags below my eyes and also my cheeks were having the signs of the tears. With a negative though early morning regarding the miseries and no end to them, I felt really broken and without the desire for life. I were just living without any positive thing happening to me or around me so I was almost dying everyday inside me.
After 3 days, Rhea again came as a savior to my dying desire for life. She gave me a good news that she could find a solution to my problem and she left the decision to me to take that as a solution or not. Actually there was a twist in her solution too.

She approached Joy, the most wanted hunk and the most eligible bachelor, of our college. He was one among the richest guys and the heartthrob of many girls being the captain of the basketball team. He had a huge apartment in which he was living alone and also he wanted a house help and a cook for his apartment. Rhea did a deal with him that if allows me to stay with him in his apartment, in one of the rooms, I will in return do the household work and also manage cooking for him. And in that way, both of us could get rid of payment mechanism. Actually she was trying to enter both of us into some kind of barter system wherein I was expected to exchange my services for getting a place to stay, free of cost. And I must say, Rhea was a great marketing person with huge talent of convincing others. And that way, Joy could easily agree to her terms. And without missing the fact that she has to be secretive on her this mission, she never mentioned about me as a girl sharing the same class with her and the same college with him. All she said was that a known person is in need. Now the ball was in my court to play. I was left with a tough choice to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment