Wednesday 10 August 2016

The Truth About Forever

We know each other since high school. We always kept in touch. We used to talk for may be 2-3 times a year and be aware of each other’s existence until 2015 when we really hit of talking almost every day! It’s funny because I was looking at settling down and was meeting guys. And so he wanted to fix up with one of his friends and that primarily got us talking. Nothing really worked out between me and his friend but it kind of changed our equation and made us even better friends! So we started talking day-in and day-out, sharing every small details of our lives with each other. Now I know it was a big deal for him because I was the only girl he shared so much with. Guess neither of us realized then that we were falling for each other. There’s not a moment of such, because the line between we being the best of friends to we starting to like each other is so blurred.
I still remember when he was in Australia, my dad surprisingly told me that we should think about each other. I now know, that his parents said the exact same thing! It was never a “said” thing between us, it was completely unspoken, and I guess, we both knew but neither of us never really admitted it! He is into Merchant Navy and it’s a profession where it’s really difficult to keep in touch when you are sailing. There was not a single day I can remember when he did not mail me from the ship. Such was our bond.
However towards the end of 2015, when I really started feeling the thing, that he is the one, I had these, sometimes subtle and sometimes sly ways of letting him know! If you know him, you would know how much he plan things in life and strictly goes by the plans! He had absolutely no intentions of settling down anything in the next two years!
So finally we parted ways, mutually, and stopped talking, because we really needed to move on and get a closure. At that moment I was so damn pissed off. I decided, “Show me a guy, if I like, I will get married to him”.

But I guess, just 1-2 weeks of distance did the trick! Today I know, that’s when he realized, “fuck the plan, she’s all I want”. The pang of realization, for him to decide something out of his plan, was a very big thing. And that forms a truth about we forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment