Tuesday 6 December 2016

Chapter 2: The Billionaire's Desire


He dismissed me for a while and then through the intercom informed me to get some files from the department on 36th floor, also to look into them so as to hand him over a brief of each one of them.

It was a relief that he didn’t fire me for the coffee thing. I just followed his command and started getting files and after arranging them in the alphabetical order in my office, I started working on the brief for each one on them. I must say I am a bit scared now.

After an hour boss called me up into his office. I took a notepad and a pen and also the briefs of the files and headed over to his cabin. He stood in front of the table, both hands supporting on it. “We have a list of things to be done tomorrow so I want you to note down and make arrangements for it. 1. Fix up a meeting with Mr. Brown in the morning. 2. Book a reservation, table for two at Starview for lunch with Samita. 3. Call all the department heads' for a meeting in the evening by 4:00 and 4. Lastly, remind me to visit the hotel Galaxy.

With all these instruction, he handed over me a list of important contacts and people who I will need, to continue working with him. I was continuously shivering within and thinking that nothing else should go wrong. “Sir is there anything else apart from this you want me to do?” “Well yes! Get me lunch and ask Mrs. Muskaan, in case you need any clarification on what it has to be.” He said. I nodded in response, left his cabin and breathe in relief.

And finally the day ended without any further blunder. I was about to leave for home, after checking that I have placed everything in order and that my drawers are properly locked, suddenly I banged into the wall, immediately after existing from my cabin. Oh! It wasn’t a wall rather it was him. I was about to hit the floor with a sudden shock when he held me from my waist and prevented me to fall. I instantly came back to my senses and said sorry and also without any further delay I greeted him with bye and rushed towards the elevator so as to avoid any other miss-happening.

Finally I am home. And very eager to see my friend Zoe! She is like a family because after the death of my parents in a car accident, I have no one else to be named as family. And its only because of her, I could manage to live back my normal and get a job. Else I was almost into depression and the life around me was stand still. I am more than thankful to her for all that she has done for me and also doing. I am living with her and I am really thankful to God for bestowing me with such a good friend.

And now I am waiting for her to reach back home, so that I can vent out everything which I am preserving inside me since morning. She is the one who understands me and also my best critique. I want to tell her all the situations which I have been stupidly putting myself in. I want to tell her the way I narrowly escape from getting fired on the very first day of my job. With all these thoughts running in my mind, I changed and went into kitchen to do our dinner as the present week is my turn for kitchen activities.

On the other hand, Zaroon i.e. Mr. Faith is also back to his home.
“Mom, I am home.”

“Zaroon, finally, You came home. We were waiting for you. Oh I have told you in the morning also to come back little early today, but you have never listened to me in the past, nor are you doing at present. I don’t know what for you are taking so much stress in life? Anyways! Come I will show you who is there to meet you.” Mom hugged me and pulled me inside the dining area.

“Uncle Zo!”

The adorable twins came running towards me screaming my name.

Aww… My two little babies, they are my sweethearts. Both have turned five years old just a month ago and they are the cute devils we have at our home. Actually they are the kids of my elder brother. He makes sure to make them visit us often coz he also knows that only these kids can bring me out of my sadness and they are the only reason of my smile. The time I spent with them is the only happy time of my life after the Karon’s episode. And because of that only even my parents worries for me.

Karon was the girl I was in relationship with for some two and a half years. But she cheated me for another rich guy. From that day onward I promised myself to earn as much as possible so that she will beg to come back to my life. 

But at the same time I have decided to not to get into any other relationship with anyone. Because the words LOVE, AFFECTION and RELATION are the only source of sorrows and bring only the heart break in the end.

After having our dinner, I played with the cute devils and when their mom came rushing towards us, we realized that it’s very late for them and they should be in bed by now. She sent them to bed with their nanny and sat with me for some time. She told me, rather asked me if I have changed my mind and have started to gel with the girls around or not. But, not much to her surprise, my answer was no. She always tries to make me understand that it’s difficult to live like this. And every girl is not like Caron coz not every girl wants the material wealth in life rather some of them wants love, care and an affectionate relationship only. And for them, money does not play any role.

I know she is right, and that’s what I also tell her. But I am not yet ready for any new commitment, as I wanted some time to get out of my last heart break and moreover now I wanted to invest in time before I start feeling for someone.

I hope my family will understand my point of view and give me my time. With this thought I went to bed, after saying goodbye to her and to rest of my family members. 

No comments:

Post a Comment