Sunday 26 July 2020

Part 10: Chained to you: Safely

Part 10: Chained to you: Safely


Half of the things were packed already and not much was left to be secured in the suitcases. Also she knew that Kian is waiting outside, so she hurried up with the rest of the things and all that she is carrying is a pair of suitcases and a box of her books / papers / assignments etc. Kian saw her coming. At this moment she was carrying just one suitcase and a backpack on her back, but she was looking so delicate and it all felt like she will collapse on the ground with all the weight she is carrying. So Kian went running towards her to share her load and asked her if there is anything else which need to be picked up from the room, to which she could only nod in yes. After parking one suitcase and a backpack in the car, they both went to the hostel room to carry the remaining things.

And when he enters in to the room, he was so surprised to see all the girly things on the wall life pink flowers, a big poster of the pink fat teddy bear and what not in the shade of pink. With all the funny thoughts in his mind a very cute smile on his lips, he picked up the suitcase and Karissa picked up the box. When they were about to move out of the room, Karrissa told him that she has to hand over the keys of the room and do other vacating formalities so she may take some time to join him in the car. Although he never wanted to leave her alone, rather to be left alone anymore, but he had to agree to this and while he moved towards the car, she moved towards the office building.

I hope all is done and now we can move towards your new room, he asked when she came back.

Yes! All is done and they have to inform me now, when the building is ready to be occupied again. Until then, I will be a burden to you. Although I try my best to not bother you much with my presence around you, but the favour which you are doing to me is just cannot be paid for in any form. I just cannot ask for anything more than this. And I am really short of words to thank you enough.

Oh Cara. You have started it again. I am just taking you home. You are my very precious one, I mean a very good friend and by just sharing a room in my house, which otherwise is lifeless, I am not doing any favour to you. So please don’t mention it again.

But please allow me to do something for you in return. Though it can not match the extent of help which you have done but I will really appreciate if you please allow me to repay you in my own way.

Now if you please allow us madam, can we move towards our home?

Please Sir!

And they smiled together.

We are home! Comeon in. Its your place too, from now on. Come I’ll show you the place.

After making her familiar with the space and showing all the necessary things, they are ready for coffee.

The moment she saw him coming with the two mugs in his hands, she couldn’t control her tears and they started to make her cheeks go red, eyes fluffy and face flushed.

I don’t know what good I have done to have you around me during my hard times always. Thank you so much for making me feel home and doing all that you are doing.

Just promise me one thing Cara, that from this moment forward, you will not cry. I cannot see these wet eyes and moreover I can’t carry you to hospital again (just to make the atmosphere lighter). And whenever you feel heavy in heart, you have to run towards me to feel home. I promise, I will never disappoint you.

Hmmm…… I promise.

So come on here. Let me make you feel home, a cozy home.

And she hugged him tight. He is carrying the mugs and regretting that he cannot touch her and make the hug even tighter. But happy to know that atleast she feels safe and home.

Day 1

Good morning Cara. How did you sleep?

Like a baby, she replied.

I am glad to know that. Come let’s have some breakfast together. I have boiled some eggs for both of us.

Kian, please allow to me to cook from now on. I am not a good cook though, but I promise you can eat that safely.

Sure. If you wish to cook, you can but don’t think that it will be your duty to do that. Whenever you feel like not cooking, you can always skip that and I will take care of the things.

Yes. Sure.

I will drop you to the university.

No No. I can manage in the public transport. I can’t bother you with that. I will be safe. Really.

My dear, its on my way to office. So don’t worry. Its not something I am doing by going extra mile.

Thanks


The drive to the campus was silent and there was something which is still bothering Karissa from inside.

Thanks. Have a nice day. She greeted him and got out from the car at the campus gate.

You too. Bye!

All the classes are over and Karissa is free for the day by the afternoon. She is out of the campus gate and standing on the bus stop to catch a bus. And then all of a sudden, it started raining. Actually not raining, rather pouring. She is all drenched in water, boarded the bus somehow. The distance is nearly of about 25 minutes, and she has already started feeling cold. Somehow she managed to get down at her destined bus stop but it is still raining heavily and walking towards home is like out of question. So she decided to stay in the shed and watch the rain.

In the mean time, a group of four boys came there. They observed her for sometime and noticed that she is all alone there. They took the benefit of her being alone and one came near and tried to talk to her. She ignored them initially, but when the other one tried to touch her, she started shivering out of fear. She tried to protect herself, but in the process, one guy tried to rip off her shirt from the shoulder. And that was the moment; she decided to run, run in the rain, to wherever the way takes her, with all the tears flowing down her face.


She kept running and running until she was about to get hit by the car on the road but got saved somehow. But she could not balance herself at that time and stumble on the road.

With all the clothes ripped off, tears flowing from eyes and completely soaked in water and mud, she saw a shadow coming near towards her. She was scared already and with all of it happening, she just fell unconscious on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment