Monday 27 July 2020

Part 11: Chained to you: Safely

Part 11: Chained to you: Safely


Karissa’s POV

I opened my eyes finally and found myself on my bed, in comfortable clean clothes and under a cozy blanket protecting me from cold.

And then suddenly everything flashed again in front of my eyes and i started shivering again. I was crying like a baby & then there was a knock on the door and Kian decided to enter without waiting for my permission.

Oh Cara. So finally you woke up. How are you feeling now? I am sorry for not protecting you and putting you in such a situation and condition.

But I couldn’t pay any attention to what he is saying rather I was just crying and crying like a baby with no control over it.


That’s when Kian took me in his hug and tried to console me for everything that has happened because everything he had witnessed must have told him atleast the half story, if not full.

OHH Cara don’t worry, all will be fine. Just be little strong baby. I am here with you now. No one can harm you now. Please Pink stop crying, as I just can’t see you crying.

I lost all my strength and was literally shivering in Kian’s hug.

As he saw me getting worried again; he came closer and hugged me tightly and just said that don’t worry about anything now, I am here with you and will always be, to take care of you and protect you from all the evils. He asked me if I want to share what has happened so that I can feel lighter; and to that I surrendered my closed mindset and shared with him everything that I went through. He held my hands in his, throughout the period I were telling him everything and when I finished and started crying, he hugged me tightly again and consoled me like a caring friend.

I remember that my closing lines were; “I don’t have anyone in my life to share my sorrows with. I am everyday losing my motive to live and sometimes I just feel that I can only bring sorrows and misfortune to myself and to the people around me. I don’t know why am I living and why can’t I die?” and before I could say another word, which of course I wanted to, I felt his lips sealing mine to stop me to say anything further.

He said that he cannot hear any crap like that and he warned me not to even mention anything about dying. He whispered all this without leaving my lips. I don’t know why I did not retaliate to his this behavior? This was the first time when I was so close to someone and also that I gave him the liberty to kiss me. And when I got back to my senses a bit, I moved a little to create some space between the two of us, but had no courage to make any eye contact.

He also did not force me to talk further or be normal at that very moment. Rather he asked me to sleep well and left the room.

There was something that was bringing me the strange feeling. Feeling of something that was bringing me butterflies in the belly and calm in the heart, but also bringing the confusion along. I was confused as to how will I face Kian again? What he will be thinking about me? And why he always finds me with troubles all around and crying like a baby. Why is he the only one to protect me when I lose myself?

There were so many questions running in my mind and I don’t remember when I dozed off to sleep!

Kian’s POV

Seeing Cara in such a terrible state brings me heartache and why I cannot be with her all the time is the only question my mind can ask at the moment.

Why the hell she didn’t call me when she was over with her classes? Why does she have to face everything all alone, when I could have been there with her? Why is she always behaving in a manner that she can handle all of it alone? Why she doesn’t understand one small little thing that I love her and wants to protect her from all the evil? Why is she so delicate and why the hell everyone wants to have her like a piece of meat? What if it wasn’t my car from which she just escaped the hit? What if instead of me, she had fainted in front of somebody else? I just fail to understand what this silly girl wants?

Oh Cara! Please wake up and listen to what my heart is screaming. I love you. I really love you and cannot see you the way you are now. I really want to be with you all the time, in all your goods and your bad. Please wake up and be mine forever. Let the world know that you are not alone but have someone to protect you from all the bad things.

And then again I started to hear her sobs.

I went running into her room and all I could do was to hug her tightly to ensure her that she is safe now and nothing can harm her anymore.

After hearing all that she went through, I really felt like a stupid one, who cannot protect his girl. But what hurt me the most was her mentioning of dying. How stupid she is if she is thinking of that. And I cannot think of any other way to stop her from talking all that except by sealing her lips with mine. I couldn’t restrain myself at that moment. I was angry for everything that she went through and now after hearing all this nonsense I couldn’t control myself.

I captured her lips like there is no tomorrow. I really wanted to make her mine at that very moment to make her realize that she is not alone, to tell her that I love her more than anything else; but all I could do was to tell her to not talk about the nonsense things like these again.

Day 2

Kian was ready to go to office but there was no sign of Karissa around. Though she said that she will be cooking for the breakfast but she was nowhere to be found today. Initially Kian thought that she must be taking time to get ready for the university but it’s very unusual of her to be so late, when she knows that she has to leave with him.

Kian knocked her door once. No answer.

He knocked the door again. No answer again.

So he decided to enter the room again without her permission. And what he finds is so heart touching. She is sleeping like a baby. She might have slept late with all that happened with her yesterday and all that have happened between them last night. All of it must have put her in confused state and may be because of that she must not have slept on time.

He kissed her on her forehead, left a note on her side table saying that she can take an off today and he will see her in the evening after office.

Karissa’s POV

Its evening and I am so confused as to how will I face Kian today?  For all that have happened between us yesterday, I have no courage to look into his eyes and still feel comfortable.

And then suddenly there was a sound of door opening.

Initially I thought of locking myself in my room but I don’t know what made me glued to the floor in the living room. And here he is.

Hi Cara. I hope you slept well and feeling all right today.

Yes. Thank you,

Thanks for what?

For everything you are doing. I know I am putting you in lot of trouble and bringing you botheration all the time, but believe me it is not at all intentional and there is nothing I can control.

Why do you always have to talk like this Cara? Why do you always think that you are bothering me? Just listen and understand for once and all that whatever I am doing is because I want to do that. There is nothing I am doing as a favour to you. I lo…… like to protect you and that is why I do what I do.

Hmm! Thanks. By the way, I have cooked dinner for us, if you are hungry, go change and come to table.

Ofcouse I am hungry (hungry for you too). Wait for me, I will be right back.

And everything was normal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment