Saturday 25 July 2020

Part 9: Chained to you: Safely

Part 9: Chained to you: Safely


Weeks flew by and the life for both of them stayed the same.

Karrisa is busy with the university work and life, without any interest in making friends and keeping herself away from the social life. She hasn’t seen the city yet, nor is she interested to visit the life outside the campus mainly because she has no one to accompany. Sometimes life seems boring to her, because for how long one can live without indulging into social norms of being a social animal? Also she can’t visit her family coz she doesn’t want to go and see those old surroundings of her, where she has spend all her life loving and caring for those who did not care about that at the end. She is alone and sad and all her pains & wounds haven’t healed yet.

Kian on the other hand, is busy spying his Cara. He knows all that she is doing and he is aware that she is alone but is unable to help her because she herself is not willing to help herself. Also for him, it is getting really difficult to see her like this. So he thought of playing another trick, to get close to her and made her realize that life is more than being sad and alone. Though this will be a little harsh, but she being the hardest nut to crack, he can not think of anything else other than this.

Notice is up for the students residing in the Block D of hostels for vacating it by next week, for some time, as this has to go under renovation. And the blow is hard for Karissa. Now the big question is, even if this is for one day, where will she go? She doesn’t know anyone, she is not aware of the life outside the campus and with the alliance from the university; she cannot manage with the rental component for staying outside. She is worried and sad again. She cannot share this trouble with her family back home because she just doesn’t want to make it hard for them too.

During the worried days passing by, the weekend arrived. Karissa is again in her hostel room, thinking of what to do and how to go further with no one known around, she hears a knock on the door.

“There is a call for you”, the care taker informed.

With a blurry memory of Mr. Knight she arrived in the common room to attend the call.

Hey Cara! How are you doing?

Hello Mr. Knight (in the low tone) she replied. I am fine and I hope the same at your end too. Sorry I couldn’t get back to you for weeks as the university is keeping me busy. I hope you don’t mind my lazy behavior though.

Oh! I can understand, how difficult it is for you to manage the assignments and the new people together. Don’t worry, I know and completely supports you in this. Anyways, I am just curious to know if now you can spare sometime to roam around with me during this weekend. Rather I am not asking you this time. I am calling you to tell that I will be there at your campus gate in around an hour, just be ready by that time.

But……

I am not going to take any of your excuses. Just be ready in an hour.

But listen to me for once……

I will, don’t worry, but only when we meet. I will give you ample opportunity to talk and I promise that I will listen to all that you have to share. But for now, just go and get ready.

OK. See you soon.

Kian’s POV

Thank god she is coming. I am going to see her after this long and I am happy that I will be with her in person for atleast sometime today, until we are together for longer, in just few more days.

I hope she shares with me the details of what’s going on around her, though I know it already, but hearing from her and suggesting her solution is little more convenient. Let’s see!

Why this is the longest one hour? Oh I can’t wait to see my girl, anymore.

Karissa’s POV

Oh! Whenever I am in the middle of everything nonsense, this man always comes as a savior. I wish if I can share with him my problems and as in past, he can help me to come out of it.

One hour and so much to do! Why this one hour can increase its length? I have to pack my stuff and prepare for moving out and vacating the room by next two days and now this getting ready for the meeting is another thing I have to manage.

After EXACTLY ONE HOUR

Kian’s heart is beating faster than normal and Karissa’s too. The reason is opposite though. Kian is excited to see his girl, and Karrisa is running to make it on time on the campus gate.

I really wish if she comes and hug me the tightest possible. I really wish, Kian is thinking with both his eyes glued on the gate to see her.

I wish I will be there on the gate on time to meet Mr. Knight without making him wait. Karissa is running faster with this thought running in her mind simultaneously.

And finally the two of them see each other.

The moment their eyes locked the sight, Karissa stopped there and the time seems to get stopped for Kian. The thoughts in both of their heads are not the same but the outcome of their though process is same and that is faster heart beats.

Hey Cara. It’s so good to see you. Though you have got thinner but looking as pretty as always. May be our city is not treating you well. Or maybe you are missing Vegas more than anything else.

Hello Mr. Knight. Its good to see you too. And thank you very much for sticking along; even after getting my lazy behavior in return.

( I will make you feel eager too, to meet me and hug me; the way I feel it for you) the thoughts that are running in his mind.

Hello…… you seems to be lost in some other world Mr. Knight. Is there is something bothering you? She said this, when she didn’t get any reply from him.

No No… I am fine. Its just that I am not very familiar with someone so pretty calling me Mr. Knight instead of Kian.

And they both smiled.

Lets get in the car and I will show you the world around.

No actually, I am in no mood to see the city rather let’s have a cup of coffee at some peaceful place. I am longing for some peace of mind and good company. I really miss my people. And thank God I know you here else, what would I have done!

What is the matter Cara? Is there is something that is bothering you? You can always share and you this. Why are you sounding so lonely and sad? Comeon, come here and give me a hug and know that you are not alone. Never ever.

And with this line, Kian pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly to make her feel loved and cared. But more than that, he himself needed the comfort of her body, her fragrance and her aura around him.

Thank you for always been there Kian. I know you will protect me, whenever I have to get protected.

Let’s go then and on the way, you can share your trouble with me. And I promise, I will stop the car only after sorting out your problem.

There is his driver who will be driving them to wherever they want but for now he is instructed to just drive on the roads until the next instruction.

Both of them get settled on the back seat. Kian is ready to listen to his Cara. And she explained everything that is happening in the university and her notice for vacating the hostel room and her trouble of not knowing where to go and how to manage the rental expense?


While telling him about all this, she started to sob and how can Kian miss the opportunity of holding her near to him? He held her hand in one of his and placed her head on his shoulder and told her to keep calm.

This is just this small Cara. Why are you worried this much? You can come and stay with me in my apartment, which have ample space and moreover, no one is there to disturb you with any sort of thing. You are just a silly girl that if this small little thing is bothering you so much, you could have called and shared. Now smile, pack your stuff right away after coffee and come with me for any number of days you want (though I wish if you say that let it be forever).

But……

No ifs and buts dear. Just do what I say.

No! I can’t bother you this much. All I want is that if you can please find me a place to stay for few days until the hostel is ready to be occupied again.

Buy why can’t you stay with me in my apartment? Why do you always have to make it difficult for both of us?

I have to think about it before taking any decision.

And why can’t you think it right away. Rather, take it as a command that you have to pack up and move with me right away.

But I cannot take this as a favour. How about if I can compensate you in any form, if not cash? Please don’t say No. else I cannot move with you.

OK Ok. Think of any suitable way of paying back the favour, but just pack your stuff and move with me. Now I have another suggestion that you pack your stuff right away, and let’s go home and have coffee there only.

With all the shiny eyes and broad smile, she agreed and driver is being instructed to get back to campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment